Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the 2 day skipload you are not training at all? no cardio either?

Comment

• Correct.

I am finding that the added day of recovery on top of the added calories is quite beneficial. I only loaded for one day this week and only took the one day off and I know that I could use another day of to recover but I am not comfortable taking it as I am now just under 7 weeks out.

Skip

Originally posted by Moving_Metal View Post
      So the 2 day skipload you are not training at all? no cardio either?
      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
      Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: IntenseMuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Thursday, June 14th, 2018

I bottomed out right at 200 pounds the day before my Skipload on Tuesday of this week (it is now Thursday). I am quite pleased with my condition at this point and I feel that everything is on track as it should be. I still have work to do but I am comfortable with progress and how things are going.

I did decide to make a gear change. It isn't a huge change but significant enough that I wanted to mention it. I am doubling the tren hex to 6ml a week (total) and cutting the prop in half to 300mg per week. The main reason is because I have never once run tren over 3ml a week and wanted to see how I would respond. I understand not everyone is a fan of tren hex but I am a huge fan of it. I have only dosed it twice so far this week and the only issue so far is I do have more soreness (PIP) and a little bit of swelling but when that happens in my side delts, I'm ok with it. I can use all of the width in my shoulders I can muster.

Improvements have been more dramatic over the last 1.5 weeks than usual. This is almost certainly due to 2 main things that I noted in my coach log last week:
        1. going to double training sessions
        2. dropping fat and some protein calories from my diet in the form of cheese

Quads are coming in more detailed with quite a bit of increased vasularity and upper body is progressing well, too. Of course, my back is the last to come in but there is obvious visual progress in my back, lower back and glutes/hips, as well. It's just tough as I age because right before I load (when I am the most depleted), my back looks much tighter and leaner and then when I load, of course, you will hold the most water in your fattest areas. So, my lower back and glutes/hip skin gets thick again. Yay. However, I understand it's a necessary evil.

With this new training rotation, I am having much better leg sessions - especially the leg session at the end of the 2nd training rotation before I load. This is in part because of splitting up the workload but also because the Skiploads are now every 8 days instead of every 10. 2 days makes a BIG difference.

This last Skipload did not contain as many calories or as much food as the last few Skiploads. I wanted to see if I cut it down a bit if I would notice anything different and even though it has only been a couple of days into my 1st training rotation, I can see that it is likely I am going to be much more depleted as I get into the 2nd training rotation. Hopefully, this equates to more body fat burning but at the same time, I do hope it doesn't hurt my training sessions for the 2nd training rotation, too.

I need to start playing with the Skipload time more for the next few loads as it is getting closer to the show date. I am likely going to load for 2 full days for my last load before the show so I need to build to that and see how I respond. I plan to only load for one day for this next Skipload, next week, due to being off clen but the following Skipload I will be back on clen and want to go with a 2-day load to see how long it takes to get rid of the water and also how full I can get with that size Skipload. I can then tweak it from there for the last load for the show. The tentative plan that I feel is likely going to work best (at this point) is to load for the show for 2 full days (possibly starting at bedtime the night before so 2 full days plus one large meal) and then I anticipate taking 2 full days to move water and being ready the morning of the 3rd day or 3 days to move water and be ready the morning of the 4th day. I am leaning towards it only taking 2 full days but it is still early so I have more "testing" to do.

The SCGS compound is in full force on load days at 20-25 units per meal. When I start the night before, I only do about 20 units so that I don't have hypo issues after eating and going to sleep. BG reads say this dose is fine based on the amount of food I am getting in me for that first meal. For the actual Skipload day, I am right around 20-22 units depending on the meal. For higher carb meals like french toast I will go 22 ish and for the burger and fries I wll usually back off to 18-20 units. Not much of a difference but I still make the change and again this is based on my BG levels and the fact that my foods and amount of food doesn't change much and is pretty consistent from load to load.

I also know I am getting deeper into prep because I have the aches and pains - minor, but they are there. Achy wrists, sometimes some achy rotators and hips are getting sore due to the cardio, primarily. Add in fatigued jaw muscles and something like cereal with dried fruit on a load day simply can't happen. I just cannot chew something that tough for very long.

One more reason I am looking forward to this show is I am going to quit chewing Copenhagen again. I need to and want to. The last time I quit was the night of my show in 2004 and it was much easier quitting after a show because I could replace the chewing with some tasty food and not having to diet as hard. I hope that it is equally as easy this time. We will see.

As it stand right now, I have no aspirations of cycling in the off season as I had previously admitted I was contemplating. I just haven't responded as well to all of the gear as I would have liked to and don't see that the risk is going to be worth it. I will clean out completely after this show, get bloods and then go back on TRT when bloods show they are good. It has been a nice change to step on the gas again but I don't like taking all of this gear. It just isn't worth it to me when I can maintain really good condition and muscularity on just TRT. Had I gotten much better progress I might feel differently so maybe it's a good thing that I didn't respond as well as I had hoped.

I do want to note that I am truly enjoying the process right now because I am getting into territory with my condition that I haven't seen since competing in 2012. That part is fun and makes the arduous daily task of getting everything done, worth it. However, I doubt I will miss it when it is all said and done. I enjoy the structure of it all but I am highly structured even when I don't compete and yet I still have flexibility if I have something else that I want to do, too. If I were still "chasing my dream" then I might feel differently but this prep is all about me convincing myself that I can still pull it off. It has little to do with placings or impressing anyone else.

Skip
        www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Latest Coach Log on EliteFTS.com:

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...r-in-the-200s/

Skip
          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• thank you for this log, its really interesting and helps with my prep a bit too

Comment

• How I avoided a trip to the hospital this weekend.

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-lo...r-gi-bleeding/

Skip
              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• Glad you are ok! Sounds like a very dark and shitty situation!

Comment

• Ha!

Well played, you punny guy.

Skip
                  www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• Skip, do you happen to use or have you used the elite fts bodybuilding belt? If not, what kind do you use? Thx
                    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

• I actually do have one and use it regularly. I didn't use a belt for years but have gone back to using one for about the last 8 months and now prefer using it over not using one.

Skip
                      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• Just read both articles. Wow, glad you got through it without taking a hit to your wallet and that you're ok. Yes, keep pushing, you've been here before. If you don't keep going it will nag at you possibly for the rest of your life. My hat goes off to you for enduring side effects of getting so lean. You're a mental warrior, I know you have the strength.

Concerning the weight on the scale, possibly consider not getting on it anymore. You are able to evaluate clients based on pics, maybe give that a try. Since you like to experiment.
                        Last edited by doug1; 06-23-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• I don't give too much credit to the scale but I do have to make weight for my class, too.

Skip
                          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                            I don't give too much credit to the scale but I do have to make weight for my class, too.

Skip
                            Yes, I listened to the podcast on Thursday. You made a great point, "it's another tool in the toolbox."
                            I hope you can keep the sleeping hours of 10ish to 6am.

Comment

• The latest BSG podcast I go into detail what I have been dealing with.

AdvicesRadio.com.

Skip
                              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• I just got done listening. I admire and respect you. I've always said that "bodybuilding makes a shitty spouse." lol
                                You're not married to it, and you have a great wife and family, take comfort in that. There is nothing that needs to be proven to anyone, including yourself. I TOTALLY understand the struggle of realizing that we are on the downside. Love ya brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X